Friday, October 3, 2014

gratitude, twelve ways

I've been doing a lot of complaining lately and so it’s time to do a Qatar gratitude post. Sure there are some other places I'd rather be but I am grateful for experiences I would not have had if I had not come here and for certain things that may be more abundant elsewhere but are that much more precious here because of their rarity.

I am grateful to be in Qatar because

1. frequently cloudless skies make moon-gazing easy.




2. frequently cloudless-skies make clouds that much more exciting.



3. the dusty horizon makes for stunning sunrises and sunsets, daily. 

rise

set


4. the kids go to a school that encourages the middle-schoolers to make these, and then festoons the palms with them.



5. there is peace, inspiration, and cool at the Museum of Islamic Art.





6. there is color, action, and surprise at Souq Waqif. 






7. I have an even more profound appreciation for green, from dusty to lush,



8. and for clear clear water,


9. and for this noise it makes.


10. camels.





11. horses.




12. (bonus) after years of never having a pizza cutter when I needed one, somehow we now have them in abundance, enough to share and give away!




2 comments: